LOGIC AND G&T PREPARATION
Preparing your child for a Gifted and Talented Program through:
The ability to think:
a. Reduce anxiety and nervousness, especially during testing.
b. Help the student understand the thinking behind problem-solving, which will bring out creativity and imagination.
What do parents expect from the class?
1. Small class size ( 8 students maximum) to ensure quality and
individualized attention. I build a relationship with each of my students to create meaningful learning
2. Each class will consist of theoretical instruction, hands-on learning, and worksheet based practice
3. Practice Test-- we will evaluate a student’s progress by conducting a practice test
after 5 classes. This way we are able to monitor the weaknesses and strengths of each student.
4. I conduct myself with the highest level of professionalism, manners, and attitude. I
expect the same from the families with which I work. Respect is crucial in our
teamwork to provide the best learning experience for your child.
* Private classes and parenting consultation are available upon request and based on availability
* I CANNOT guarantee admittance to any G&T program.
ABOUT THE TEACHER:
My name is Dr. Chandra Budi. I hold a Ph.D. in Early Childhood Education with minors in
Family Studies and Philosophy of Education from an Ivy League institution. I have been
teaching for 26 years, and am building my own learning enrichment program, teaching children from 2 to 16 years of age the importance of logic (thinking process), and emotional readiness for academic success. I work very closely with every family, providing consultation for parents who need support with their children.
I believe in “thinking outside the box” thus enhancing each child's success.
I will be conducting free workshops; I will demonstrate and explain my method,
something you could try at home with your child. 15 minutes of Q&A will be held in the
end of the workshop. Please RSVP as I do limit the attendance to ensure that we have a good session.
September 17th, Sunday - 4:30-5:30pm
September 23rd, Saturday 1:00-2:00pm
Please, call us if you are interested in attending the workshop.
October 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31