EDUCATIONAL TOURNAMENT FOR KIDS UNDER 1000
Location: 28-37 29th St, Queens, NY 11102
TRAINS: N & W to 30th Avenue, Queens.
- Check-In Time: Please arrive 8:30 am for check-in for sections Classic, Open, Championship; 9:00 am for section Reserve, Booster, Primary, K1. 9:35 am for sections Novice1, Novice 2, No Score
- Approximate Finish Time: No Score, Novice 1, Novice 2: 1:00pm K-1, Booster, Primary, Reserve: 2:00-4:00pm Championship, Open, Classic: 5:00pm
(Trophies to 1st to 10th place, medals for 11th place and above). Notation is not required; no chess clocks will be used.
- NO SCORE: Starts at 10:15 am Open to Pre-K to Kindergarten students who are absolute beginners.
- NOVICE I: Starts at 10:15 am Open to grades Kindergarten and 1st. This section is meant for kids who know how to play chess but who are inexperienced in playing in a chess tournament.
- NOVICE II: Starts at 10:15 am Open to grades 2-5. This section is meant in elementary school who know how to play chess but who are inexperienced in playing in a chess tournament.
(Trophies to 1st to 10th place, medals for 11th place and above). Rated sections Are only open to students, who are an official member of the USCF: Notating the game on a score sheet and the use of chess clock is required. Please bring your own scoresheets and chess clock.
- K-1: Starts at 9:45 am Open to K-1. USCF Rating below 500. 4 Rounds, G40 / d5.
- BOOSTER: Starts at 9:45 am Open to students in K-8, rated below 600. 4 Rounds, G40 / d5.
- PRIMARY: Starts at 9:45 am Open to K-3 USCF Rating below 800. 4 Rounds, G40 / d5.
- RESERVE: Starts at 9:45 am Open to K-12. USCF Rating within 600-999. 4 Rounds, G40 / d5.
RULES: None of the kids attending the tournament will be allowed to play up in any section unless specific situations happen. In the case of having an odd number of kids in one of the sections, the Main Tournament Director will take the decision.
Credit and Refunds Policy: We will issue FULL refunds for NYChessKids Tournaments until Tuesdays, 12 PM before the day of the Tournament. No refunds will be issued after Tuesday, 12 PM. Cancellations, after this day, require a medical documentation in the form of a letter to get a full credit that can be used in any future event.