A. FANTIS PAROCHIAL SCHOOL TOURNAMENT
Location: 195 State St., Brooklyn, NY, 11201
EDUCATIONAL TOURNAMENT FOR KIDS UNDER 1000
NYChessKids is now offering Chess Tournaments at A. Fantis Parochial School
All registration must be completed online via our website.
- Check-In Time: Please arrive at 8:30 am for check-in for sections Reserve, Booster, Primary, K-1 and 9:00 am for sections Novice1, Novice 2, No Score
(Trophies to 1st to 10th place, medals to grades Kindergarten and 1st. This section is meant for kids who know how to play chess but who are inexperienced in playing in a chess tournament.
- NO SCORE: Starts at 9:30 am Open to Pre-K to Kindergarten students who are absolute beginners.
- NOVICE I: Starts at 9:30 am Open to grades K-1. This section is meant for kids who know how to play chess but who are inexperienced in playing in a chess tournament.
- NOVICE II: Starts at 9:30 am Open to grades 2-5. This section is meant in elementary school who know how to play chess but who are inexperienced in playing in a chess tournament.
**For this sections, all participants must have a US Chess Federation ID#. If you don’t have one yet and you want to sign up and become a member, please visit the US CHESS FEDERATION WEBSITE and register.
(Trophies to 1st to 10th place, medals for 11th place and above). Rated sections Are only open to students, who are an official member of the USCF: Notating the game on a score sheet and the use of chess clock is required. Please bring your scoresheets and a chess clock.
- K-1: Starts at 9:15 am Open to K-1. USCF Rating below 500. 4 Rounds, G40 / d5.
- BOOSTER: Starts at 9:15 am Open to students in Kindergarten through 8th grade, rated below 600. 4 Rounds, G40 / d5.
- PRIMARY: Starts at 9:15 am Open to K-3 USCF Rating below 800. 4 Rounds, G40 / d5.
- RESERVE: Starts at 9:15 am Open to K-12. USCF Rating within 600-999. 4 Rounds, G40 / d5.
RULES: None of the kids attending the tournament will be allowed to play up in any section unless specific situations happen. In the case of having an odd number of kids in one of the sections, the Main Tournament Director will take the decision.
Credit and Refunds Policy:
We will issue FULL refunds for NYChessKids Tournaments until Tuesdays, 12 PM before the day of the Tournament. No refunds will be issued after Tuesday, 12 PM. Cancellations, after this day, require a medical documentation in the form of a letter to get a full credit that can be used in any future event.